Wednesday, October 26, 2011

can art really do it

Looking up paintings of the Hudson river I thought they where nice but didnt capture it. What I mean by “it” is the depth ,the shear size. For example when we hanging out on storm king I was blown away! The trees look just like brush strokes. if I never went there my self I would probably be singing a different tune, but just how can I capture the size of this scenery? It is so wonderful it makes painting obsolete. unless it could be a huge mural. I am not saying the painting are bad or look like shit I love them. Great contrast of colors for some of them, others are extremely detailed but for me there is a lack not in the art it self; but it cant reach in all levels of the experience. Which could it?

I was thinking for an art installation for it would be to use old shipping containers and make a all sensory experience. Like for the trees they looked just like a wall of broccoli use that. To make a similar sight to being on storm king. That’s not all ! then use some thing to make the fresh air smell and sounds of crickets. some how create an depth from the person to the wall of trees ( this case broccoli) to some how capture the vast size of sight it self don’t know if it will work but it is nice to think about.

No comments:

Post a Comment