Wednesday, September 14, 2011

East River at 110th street


Yesterday I followed the path of the creek that would have been right outside my door in 1609.  I eventually came upon the East River at 110th street.  This photo is the view from the bridge that crosses the FDR East River Dr.  at Jefferson park.




Once I got down from the bridge, I was overwhelmed by an unpleasant smell.  The water was a brownish color, I spotted several plastic bags, bottles and other pieces of trash floating around.  The water seemed to be the source of the smell I mentioned earlier.  The park along the river consisted of joggers, bikers, etc. 












After reading the article that I posted the link to yesterday, I thought a lot about the conditions of the water these days and how pollution limits the amount of water activities.  I was surprised to see a jet skier on the East River given the stench that was coming from it.

No comments:

Post a Comment